Calm down. This is not real. But it is a nicely done video that imagines a Super Smash Bros. Melee-type game with a roster full of fan favorites from Valve's stable of characters.
The casts of Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 and Team Fortress 2 join Chell, Gordon Freeman and all the rest in this mash-up. As best as he could, YouTuber crazyhalo tried to match this trailer shot-for-shot with the original Super Smash Bros. Melee trailer. Not all characters have the same actions or movements but where possible, the same colors, lighting or similar backgrounds are used.
You can see the side-by-side comparison below.
More from Polygon
- What's your favorite silly game?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Tell Us Your Story
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27