Responding to a fan question regarding whether the NetherRealm Studio creative director believes SNES version of Mortal Kombat 1 through 3 will release to the virtual console, Boon wrote "0.0%."
Mortal Kombat has seen releases on a number of Nintendo systems including SNES, Nintendo 64 and Wii consoles. In 2011, Boon suggested interest in the Wii U console, telling Gametrailers: "When thinking about the Wii U and controller, I would like to think we will do something innovative and cool. We are all very excited. Whenever there is new hardware we start to think on a bigger scale. When you see that screen and controller in there, to me things start connecting in terms of what we can do with our game, enhancing the experience."
So far it's yet to happen for the game.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 27
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me senpai!
- On Patreon support
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Polygon must change its ethics policy.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 26
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall