Responding to a fan question regarding whether the NetherRealm Studio creative director believes SNES version of Mortal Kombat 1 through 3 will release to the virtual console, Boon wrote "0.0%."
Mortal Kombat has seen releases on a number of Nintendo systems including SNES, Nintendo 64 and Wii consoles. In 2011, Boon suggested interest in the Wii U console, telling Gametrailers: "When thinking about the Wii U and controller, I would like to think we will do something innovative and cool. We are all very excited. Whenever there is new hardware we start to think on a bigger scale. When you see that screen and controller in there, to me things start connecting in terms of what we can do with our game, enhancing the experience."
So far it's yet to happen for the game.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- You can pre-order this beautiful $365 Metroid statue starting today
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- RIP Friends List?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Tell Us Your Story
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming