Responding to a fan question regarding whether the NetherRealm Studio creative director believes SNES version of Mortal Kombat 1 through 3 will release to the virtual console, Boon wrote "0.0%."
Mortal Kombat has seen releases on a number of Nintendo systems including SNES, Nintendo 64 and Wii consoles. In 2011, Boon suggested interest in the Wii U console, telling Gametrailers: "When thinking about the Wii U and controller, I would like to think we will do something innovative and cool. We are all very excited. Whenever there is new hardware we start to think on a bigger scale. When you see that screen and controller in there, to me things start connecting in terms of what we can do with our game, enhancing the experience."
So far it's yet to happen for the game.
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today