Pre-digitized photos of actors dressed up as in-game characters for the cancelled Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection HD were captured by make-up artist Tanea Brooks and released to her personal website.
The game, which was in development from Midway at the time, was to include remakes of the first three Mortal Kombat titles, each of which used motion capture for its in-game characters. For the HD remake, performers were tasked with acting out the in-game combat.
Once Warner Bros. acquired Midway, the game was cancelled as the new parent company opted to release straight ports of the arcade series in the form of Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection.
Earlier this year, actor Kiefer Sutherland confirmed his involvement in an upcoming Mortal Kombat game. While details remain limited, series creator Ed Boon recently said there was no chance the first three games in the series would see a release on Wii U Virtual Console.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Tell Us Your Story
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today