Pre-digitized photos of actors dressed up as in-game characters for the cancelled Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection HD were captured by make-up artist Tanea Brooks and released to her personal website.
The game, which was in development from Midway at the time, was to include remakes of the first three Mortal Kombat titles, each of which used motion capture for its in-game characters. For the HD remake, performers were tasked with acting out the in-game combat.
Once Warner Bros. acquired Midway, the game was cancelled as the new parent company opted to release straight ports of the arcade series in the form of Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection.
Earlier this year, actor Kiefer Sutherland confirmed his involvement in an upcoming Mortal Kombat game. While details remain limited, series creator Ed Boon recently said there was no chance the first three games in the series would see a release on Wii U Virtual Console.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- I've experienced the Pokémon World Championships, and you should too
- Games with great Sound Design