Massively multiplayer online role-playing game, WildStar, will enter a 10-day open beta from May 8 to May 18, developer Carbine Studios announced today.
With the beta, the game's level cap increases to 30. Once there, players can explore Farside, a place for players to "go to the moon and float while swinging around a massive sword." Fully leveled players also get access to two new abilities for their respective class. The beta also introduces tower defense-themed content Galeras Adventure.
"You and four friends are all that stands between an invading force and holding the fort before reinforcements can arrive," the game's website reads. "The opposing faction is going to throw everything they've got against you: Tanks, missile strikes, snipers, stealth assassins, and some hulking military commandos are trying to make your life hell while you are holding for reinforcements."
Those who have participated in previous betas won't need a new key, but can simply download the relevant patch. Everyone else can request a key through the game's website.
Carbine Studios will hold a 30-minute livestream on May 8, 2 p.m. ET to kick off the beta. On Friday, the developer will hold a six-hour stream starting at 2 p.m. ET to talk about the game's development.
WildStar is expected to launch June 3. The game is available for pre-order now for Windows PC in a Standard Edition ($59.99) or a Deluxe Edition ($74.99). For more on the game and its paths and classes, check out our interview with content designer David Marsh.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dungeons & Dragons castle defense game coming to mobile next year
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- People watched Twitch Plays Pokémon for a billion minutes
- In Firewatch, the job isn't to keep the wilderness from burning down
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Stronger distinction of Recommended posts/comments
- I'm going to make an AMV...and I need your help.