Vimeo user Michael Eurek recreated one of The Legend of Zelda's most iconic locations — the Temple of Time — using Unreal Engine 4.
Eurek began the project several months ago, after a friend suggested "that a fun/challenging exercise would be to recreate an environment from an old game I like using modern techniques."
The temple, which you can see in the video below, appears to be taken from the design featured in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. The altar displays the three Spiritual Stones — Goron's Ruby, Kokiri's Emerald and Zora's Sapphire — that play a part in opening the Door of Time and the path to the Master Sword.
In addition to Unreal Engine 4, Eurek also used Maya, Z-brush and Photoshop to give the temple a modern look. The music featured in the video was created by Nathaniel Arnold.
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- I've experienced the Pokémon World Championships, and you should too
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Games with great Sound Design
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21