Vimeo user Michael Eurek recreated one of The Legend of Zelda's most iconic locations — the Temple of Time — using Unreal Engine 4.
Eurek began the project several months ago, after a friend suggested "that a fun/challenging exercise would be to recreate an environment from an old game I like using modern techniques."
The temple, which you can see in the video below, appears to be taken from the design featured in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. The altar displays the three Spiritual Stones — Goron's Ruby, Kokiri's Emerald and Zora's Sapphire — that play a part in opening the Door of Time and the path to the Master Sword.
In addition to Unreal Engine 4, Eurek also used Maya, Z-brush and Photoshop to give the temple a modern look. The music featured in the video was created by Nathaniel Arnold.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?