The beta for Bungie's Destiny is now expected to launch in July, according to Activision Blizzard's most recent financial report.
The July window for Destiny's beta was announced during the publisher's quarterly financial call. The beta was initially slated to launch in spring 2014, but was pushed back to this summer in February. The beta will launch on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 first.
Earlier today, reports began circulating that the game took Activision $500 million to develop and promote.
Destiny will launch on Sept. 9 for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. Check out our recent hands-on with Destiny for more details on how the game is shaping up.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dragon Quest Heroes brings the series back to PlayStation in Dynasty Warriors style
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- Persona 5 coming to PS3 and PS4 in 2015
- Disgaea 5, Earth Defense Force, Ys, Gundam and Senran Kagura coming to PS4
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Good graphics cards for £80-110?
- Help Nipah build a PC
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- What is your Current Game of the Year?