The beta for Bungie's Destiny is now expected to launch in July, according to Activision Blizzard's most recent financial report.
The July window for Destiny's beta was announced during the publisher's quarterly financial call. The beta was initially slated to launch in spring 2014, but was pushed back to this summer in February. The beta will launch on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 first.
Earlier today, reports began circulating that the game took Activision $500 million to develop and promote.
Destiny will launch on Sept. 9 for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. Check out our recent hands-on with Destiny for more details on how the game is shaping up.
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- Deep Silver buys Homefront from Crytek, moves Homefront: The Revolution to new studio
- Hearthstone: Curse of Naxxramas Plague Quarter - Overview Video
- What it's like to attend Girls Make Games, the all-girls game dev summer camp
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- PS+ & Stryder
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Tell Us Your Story
- RIP Friends List?
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?