The beta for Bungie's Destiny is now expected to launch in July, according to Activision Blizzard's most recent financial report.
The July window for Destiny's beta was announced during the publisher's quarterly financial call. The beta was initially slated to launch in spring 2014, but was pushed back to this summer in February. The beta will launch on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 first.
Earlier today, reports began circulating that the game took Activision $500 million to develop and promote.
Destiny will launch on Sept. 9 for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. Check out our recent hands-on with Destiny for more details on how the game is shaping up.
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Street Fighter: World Warrior live action series in development
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Tell Us Your Story
- A New Steam Controller
- DESTINY disappointment?
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Really Horrible