Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, reimagined versions of Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire, are set to be released on Nintendo 3DS worldwide this November, Nintendo and The Pokémon Co. International announced today.
According to a press release from Nintendo and The Pokémon Co. International, each game will be a "new adventure" that takes place in a "spectacular new world." The most recent Pokémon games are Pokémon X/Pokémon Y, which were released last October on 3DS.
Pokémon Ruby/Pokémon Sapphire, the third pair of Pokémon titles, originally launched in November 2002 on Game Boy Advance in Japan, and arrived in North America in March 2003. Nintendo has sold more than 16 million copies of Ruby and Sapphire globally, making them the Game Boy Advance's top-selling games.
For more on the most recent entry in the franchise, check out the episode of Cooperatives below.
More from Polygon
- What's your favorite silly game?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Tell Us Your Story
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27