Hyrule Warriors, Tecmo Koei's Dynasty Warriors-like action game set in Nintendo's The Legend of Zelda universe, will be released in Japan for Wii U this summer, according to a Japanese language document (PDF link) from the company.
Revealed last December in a Nintendo Direct, the third-person action game spinoff will pit Link against armies of Hylian opponents. Hyrule Warriors, the game's working title, doesn't have a Western release window, though we've reached out to Nintendo for more information and will update this article as we receive it.
Press play below to see a teaser trailer for the game.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)