Hyrule Warriors, Tecmo Koei's Dynasty Warriors-like action game set in Nintendo's The Legend of Zelda universe, will be released in Japan for Wii U this summer, according to a Japanese language document (PDF link) from the company.
Revealed last December in a Nintendo Direct, the third-person action game spinoff will pit Link against armies of Hylian opponents. Hyrule Warriors, the game's working title, doesn't have a Western release window, though we've reached out to Nintendo for more information and will update this article as we receive it.
Press play below to see a teaser trailer for the game.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Tell Us Your Story
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward