The High Life update for Grand Theft Auto Online in Grand Theft Auto 5 will be released May 13, publisher Rockstar Games announced today.
As the free update's name indicates, it brings in a bunch of content oriented toward GTA Online players whose in-game wealth is burning a hole in their character's pockets. High Life adds the ability to own two properties at once, including the posh apartments featured in the update, which are available at locations such as Eclipse Towers and Richards Majestic.
GTA Online players will be able to expand their garages with three high-end cars (Enus Huntley S, Dewbauchee Massacro and Pegassi Zentorno) and one powerful motorcycle (Dinka Thrust). All four vehicles will be available to purchase from Legendary Motorsport, and players will have the opportunity to test them out in new non-contact races, where collisions between users' cars are disabled. Also included in the High Life update is a new weapon, the bullpup rifle, and a new statistic: mental state, an indication of how passive or aggressive players are. In addition, the update adds 15 new Jobs to GTA Online.
Rockstar said last month that it's working on more downloadable content for Grand Theft Auto 5, including DLC for the single-player story mode and holiday-themed updates. For more, check out our full review.
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Street Fighter: World Warrior live action series in development
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Really Horrible
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- PLAYSTATION WONT SIGN IN