The High Life update for Grand Theft Auto Online in Grand Theft Auto 5 will be released May 13, publisher Rockstar Games announced today.
As the free update's name indicates, it brings in a bunch of content oriented toward GTA Online players whose in-game wealth is burning a hole in their character's pockets. High Life adds the ability to own two properties at once, including the posh apartments featured in the update, which are available at locations such as Eclipse Towers and Richards Majestic.
GTA Online players will be able to expand their garages with three high-end cars (Enus Huntley S, Dewbauchee Massacro and Pegassi Zentorno) and one powerful motorcycle (Dinka Thrust). All four vehicles will be available to purchase from Legendary Motorsport, and players will have the opportunity to test them out in new non-contact races, where collisions between users' cars are disabled. Also included in the High Life update is a new weapon, the bullpup rifle, and a new statistic: mental state, an indication of how passive or aggressive players are. In addition, the update adds 15 new Jobs to GTA Online.
Rockstar said last month that it's working on more downloadable content for Grand Theft Auto 5, including DLC for the single-player story mode and holiday-themed updates. For more, check out our full review.
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- If you're still having trouble with Xbox Live, you're not alone
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Tell Us Your Story
- RIP Friends List?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Wait. Could the iPad Mini be a better gaming handheld than the PSVita?