Tripwire Interactive will release a sequel to first-person shooter Killing Floor for Windows PC and Valve's SteamOS via Steam Early Access, PC Gamer reports.
Like its predecessor, Killing Floor 2 is a gore-filled, co-op first-person shooter. According to Tripwire creative director and senior animator Bill Munk, Killing Floor 2 is "a simple game."
"You have weapons," Munk told the publication. "You see something that looks messed up. And you kill it. You get money for doing it and you buy better weapons. Rinse and repeat. The more enjoyable that small little loop is, the more successful the game is."
The original Killing Floor was released as an Unreal Tournament 2004 mod in 2005, while a full retail release followed in 2009. Players spent their time fighting off waves of strange creatures in London with the help of purchasable weapons and perks to determine bonuses for armor, movement and more.
Further details, including a release date for the game, have not yet been announced.
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- Dota 2 team Newbee just won The International 4 — along with the largest eSports prize pool in history
- Your first look at Agent Locke in Ridley Scott's Halo: Nightfall
- I'm reviewing every FMV game because I'm broken inside
- Quit Twitter before you're hard, quit Instagram before you're soft