Tripwire Interactive will release a sequel to first-person shooter Killing Floor for Windows PC and Valve's SteamOS via Steam Early Access, PC Gamer reports.
Like its predecessor, Killing Floor 2 is a gore-filled, co-op first-person shooter. According to Tripwire creative director and senior animator Bill Munk, Killing Floor 2 is "a simple game."
"You have weapons," Munk told the publication. "You see something that looks messed up. And you kill it. You get money for doing it and you buy better weapons. Rinse and repeat. The more enjoyable that small little loop is, the more successful the game is."
The original Killing Floor was released as an Unreal Tournament 2004 mod in 2005, while a full retail release followed in 2009. Players spent their time fighting off waves of strange creatures in London with the help of purchasable weapons and perks to determine bonuses for armor, movement and more.
Further details, including a release date for the game, have not yet been announced.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell