Square Enix adjusted its projected financial results for the year ending March 31, 2014 with net sales and operating income expected to exceed its forecast largely that it largely attributes to strong sales of Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn.
Projected financial results for the year ending March 31, 2014 from expected net sales of 140 billion ($1.37 billion) to 155 billion yen ($1.52 billion). The operating income, ordinary income and net income are also expected to exceed the range of the consolidated results forecast.
According to the notice of adjustment of consolidated results, company reports encouraging sales of Japan-exclusive Dragon Quest Monsters Super Light released in January 2014, and "favorable sales" of Thief, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster and Tomb Raider Definitive Edition. Square Enix' push for cost reduction efforts on a group‐wide basis also had an effect on the results.
Square Enix reported a turnaround in February after a disastrous 2013 fiscal year and was producing positive results in the first three quarters of the company's 2014 fiscal year.
Earlier this month, Square Enix announced last month the total number of registered users for the reboot of 2010 MMO Final Fantasy 14 had exceeded 2 million worldwide. The game rolled out to PlayStation 3 and Windows PC last fall, followed by a PlayStation 4 release last month. Check out Polygon's Overview video of the MMO below.
- Win a one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Two Ubisoft developers watched a goat sacrifice while researching Far Cry 4
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business
More from Polygon
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- DESTINY disappointment?
- PS4 Beta Codes