Final Fantasy 3 is headed to Steam for Windows PC, publisher Square Enix announced today.
The publisher did not provide a specific release date, but said that the Japanese role-playing game would arrive "soon" on Steam. The Windows PC version will be "optimized" with new 3D visuals and story sequences and will include support for achievements and Steam Trading Cards. According to Final Fantasy 3's Steam listing, the JRPG will require Windows Vista or newer, a Pentium 4 2.4 GHz processor or better, at least 2 GB of RAM and 800 MB of available hard drive space.
First released in Japan in 1990 for the Famicom and in the West on Nintendo DS in 2006, word of the PC port was revealed in mid-April when Final Fantasy 3 was listed on the German Entertainment Software Self-Regulation Body. It is also available on the PlayStation Network, the Wii and Wii U Virtual Consoles, Android and iOS.
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Games with great Sound Design
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Feature to track games?
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us