Want to catch a glimpse of Destiny, the new shooter-MMO hybrid from the makers of Halo? We hope so, because we have a lot of glimpses to share.
We were recently allowed access to Destiny's early Alpha test, during which we got a chance to check out a small cross-section of the game. What we saw was awfully promising: Picture the punchy combat loops and fast-paced gunplay of Halo, combined with the progression hooks of a modern MMO. Imagine tackling groups of enemies in familiar fashion, with all manner of rifles, grenades and special abilities — but sometimes, those enemies drop hats with better stats than the hat that you're currently wearing. Now you're getting it!
Above you can watch a full match of the game's competitive multiplayer portion, called The Crucible. In those Player vs. Player modes, you use your persistent character from the rest of the game, and earn a special currency that can be spent on unique gear. If you're more interested in the game's cooperative moments, check out the videos below for a demonstration of all three of Destiny's classes, as well as a runthrough of the game's character creation system.
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Polygon Video Player - What's the deal?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- What's a good game for a 65-year old first time gamer?
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 16.2: Chris Houlihan was here. Shhhhhhhhhh, its a secret to everyone.
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 19
- Feature to track games?
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?