Super Mario 3D World players who loved the isometric side-adventures of Captain Toad will get a full game's worth of the diminutive explorer later this year with Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker for Wii U.
Nintendo revealed Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker at its E3 digital event today, showing a wide variety of new puzzles for the adventurous Toad to solve. Like the side missions featured in last year's Super Mario 3D World, Captain Toad will explore contained, isometric view levels in pursuit of treasure.
While Captain Toad still has plenty of constraints that limit his adventuring skills — he can't jump, for example — he'll be able to investigate levels from first-person perspective using the Wii U GamePad.
Some familiar enemies from the Mushroom Kingdom will impede Captain Toad's treasure hunting as players guide him through levels they can't twist and turn to solve visual puzzles and platforming challenges.
In This StoryStream
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- RIP Friends List?
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta