Super Mario 3D World players who loved the isometric side-adventures of Captain Toad will get a full game's worth of the diminutive explorer later this year with Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker for Wii U.
Nintendo revealed Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker at its E3 digital event today, showing a wide variety of new puzzles for the adventurous Toad to solve. Like the side missions featured in last year's Super Mario 3D World, Captain Toad will explore contained, isometric view levels in pursuit of treasure.
While Captain Toad still has plenty of constraints that limit his adventuring skills — he can't jump, for example — he'll be able to investigate levels from first-person perspective using the Wii U GamePad.
Some familiar enemies from the Mushroom Kingdom will impede Captain Toad's treasure hunting as players guide him through levels they can't twist and turn to solve visual puzzles and platforming challenges.
In This StoryStream
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Reconsidering Columbine
- Help Nipah build a PC
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- On Patreon support
- Stronger distinction of Recommended posts/comments
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall