E3 2014, taken as a whole, doesn't feel as obsessed with violence as past shows.
At least, that's what I thought before we compiled all of the graphic violence shown at yesterday's major press conferences into one video. At a minute long, the supercut is dense with blood, organs and unrecognizable viscera. It's strange how these things can wash over you, but make an impact when taken together. These conferences can be a bit desensitizing.
We saw the same sort of thing yesterday with the major press conferences. On their own, the dozens of game announcements felt unique. But taken together, the scripted moments blended into a slurry of marketing speak. Try watching this, this, this and this together and maintain your sanity.
If you never want to think about violent video games sold by dudes in suits again, we understand.
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- 90's Cartoon Network vs. 90's Nickelodeon.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Games with great Sound Design
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Feature to track games?
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?