Competitive gaming team OpTic Gaming took out the X Games gold at the debut video game tournament at the MLG X Games Invitational, organizers announced today.
Across three days MLG's top eight Call of Duty: Ghosts teams, including Evil Geniuses, Team EnVyUs, OpTic Gaming, OpTic Nation, Team KaLiBeR, FaZe Red, Curse Orange and Strictly Business competed in tournament during X Games athletes and thousands of spectators. Team KaLiBeR took out second place while Silver and Evil Geniuses tcame in third.
The Summer X Games took place in Austin from June 6-8. The tournament is available to view via video on demand on MLG's You Tube page (http://youtube.com/mlgcod).
The final standings for the MLG X Games Invitational follows:
1. OpTic Gaming
2. Team KaLiBeR
3. Evil Geniuses
4. Team EnVyUs
5 and 6. Curse Orange, Strictly Business
7 and 8. FaZe Red, OpTic Nation
The groups are due to compete for $70,000 and MLG Pro Points at the MLG Championship in Anaheim, CA The tournament runs from June 20-22 and will be broadcasted on MLG.tv platforms beginning June 20 at 2 p.m. PT.
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Twitter can fix its harassment problem, but why mess with success?
- A video history of Crytek in two minutes