The new Doom from id Software and Bethesda Softworks is coming to QuakeCon 2014, but here's the first teaser trailer.
Not much is revealed about the game itself, but the trademark melding of demonic hellspawn flesh and metal is highlighted throughout the debut video. More information on the game, often referred to as Doom 4, but simply called Doom in the teaser trailer, is promised at QuakeCon in July.
Bethesda plans to give players an early look at the new Doom through a beta program tied to Wolfenstein: The New Order.
Doom 4 was first hinted at by former id Software technical director and engine programmer John Carmack in 2007 at QuakeCon. The game was announced as officially in development the following year, but underwent an overhaul in 2011 after it "did not exhibit the quality and excitement that id and Bethesda intend to deliver and that Doom fans worldwide expect."
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Looking for some good Players
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Rock1m1's review on Wolfenstein: The New Order
- Let's See Your Photo Mode Snaps From The Last of Us!