The new Doom from id Software and Bethesda Softworks is coming to QuakeCon 2014, but here's the first teaser trailer.
Not much is revealed about the game itself, but the trademark melding of demonic hellspawn flesh and metal is highlighted throughout the debut video. More information on the game, often referred to as Doom 4, but simply called Doom in the teaser trailer, is promised at QuakeCon in July.
Bethesda plans to give players an early look at the new Doom through a beta program tied to Wolfenstein: The New Order.
Doom 4 was first hinted at by former id Software technical director and engine programmer John Carmack in 2007 at QuakeCon. The game was announced as officially in development the following year, but underwent an overhaul in 2011 after it "did not exhibit the quality and excitement that id and Bethesda intend to deliver and that Doom fans worldwide expect."
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Calling all first team Polygon staff to the Set!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- What is your Current Game of the Year?