The new Doom from id Software and Bethesda Softworks is coming to QuakeCon 2014, but here's the first teaser trailer.
Not much is revealed about the game itself, but the trademark melding of demonic hellspawn flesh and metal is highlighted throughout the debut video. More information on the game, often referred to as Doom 4, but simply called Doom in the teaser trailer, is promised at QuakeCon in July.
Bethesda plans to give players an early look at the new Doom through a beta program tied to Wolfenstein: The New Order.
Doom 4 was first hinted at by former id Software technical director and engine programmer John Carmack in 2007 at QuakeCon. The game was announced as officially in development the following year, but underwent an overhaul in 2011 after it "did not exhibit the quality and excitement that id and Bethesda intend to deliver and that Doom fans worldwide expect."
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 3, no. 2: Shocking Truth!
- Polygon Daily Off Topic: We're surrounded! (Monday, Nov. 24)
- Pokémon Discussions - Trumpets in the Distance
- Clans of Polygon: What's going on in Destiny? (November)
- Want to try out the upcoming title Kalimba on Xbox One?
- Which DS to get for wife?
- Is It Possible To Kill Review Scores?
- Your Wishlist Top 3: Steam Sale Nov'14 Edition
- What is the greatest boss battle of all time?
- Weekend at Polygon's: Off-Topic: Ermagerd Smarsh! (Sat\Sun 22-23Nov)