Final Fantasy Type-0 and Final Fantasy Agito are headed to North America at unnanounced dates, Square Enix announced today.
Final Fantasy Type-0 was originally released for PSP in 2011 and will make its way to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in North America. In March, the creators of a well-known fan localization of the game announced an Aug. 8 release.
Square Enix revealed Final Fantasy Agito in September 2013. Set in the universe of Final Fantasy Type-0, the free-to-play mobile game for Android and iOS was originally released in Japan. The developer said last September that the game would "definitely be localized."
“The voice of our Western fans was instrumental in the development of Final Fantasy Type-0, and we’re very excited to release this title soon,” said Hajime Tabata, director of Final Fantasy Type-0. “The new PlayStation 4 system and Xbox One gaming and entertainment platform have really helped to re-envision this dynamic and turbulent world of Orience.”
For more on localization, be sure to read our report featuring interviews with Japanese game translators.
- Ghosts in the machine? Using the Kinect to hunt for spirits
- Shadow of Mordor's Dwarven hunter was inspired by Wolverine and 'Jaws'
- Watch Colbert on GamerGate, including Anita Sarkeesian interview
- The Swindle, a stealth-action adventure from Big Five, is back from the dead
- Call of Duty goes live-action once more to promote Advanced Warfare