Sonic the Hedgehog will star in a movie from Marza Animation Planet, Sega and Sony, the companies announced today.
The untitled film will include some well-known characters from the blue mammal's past adventures, including Dr. Eggman. Marza, a Japanese animation company, previously produced the animated short Sonic: Night of the Werehog and cinematics for Sonic Colors, Sonic Generations and more.
"There are limitless stories to tell with a character like Sonic the Hedgehog, and a built-in international fan base," said Hannah Minghella, Columbia Pictures' president of production. "Along with our wonderful creative partners at Marza, we're looking to capture everything that generations of fans know and love about Sonic while also growing his audience wider than ever before."
Check out the trailer below for Sonic Boom, which is headed to Wii U and Nintendo 3DS in November.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- RIP Friends List?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Really Horrible