At an E3 developer roundtable, director Masahiro Sakurai revealed that Pac-Man will be a playable character in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros for 3DS.
Pac-Man will appear in his 3D version, but will transform into his original, 2D self for some attacks. According to a Tweet from Nintendo, his powers include throwing fruit and eating power pellets.
Pac-Man has some interesting abilities like throwing fruit and eating power pellets #SmashBros— Nintendo of America (@NintendoAmerica) June 11, 2014
Mr. Game & Watch, who was teased in a video, would be a returning fighter, who first appeared in Super Smash Bros. Melee.
Update: A previous version of this article indicated that Mr. Game & Watch would be a playable character. We've updated the story to reflect that the character seems to have been teased, not officially confirmed as a contender.
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Thoughts on the inaccurate sensor bar
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Reconsidering Columbine