At an E3 developer roundtable, director Masahiro Sakurai revealed that Pac-Man will be a playable character in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros for 3DS.
Pac-Man will appear in his 3D version, but will transform into his original, 2D self for some attacks. According to a Tweet from Nintendo, his powers include throwing fruit and eating power pellets.
Pac-Man has some interesting abilities like throwing fruit and eating power pellets #SmashBros— Nintendo of America (@NintendoAmerica) June 11, 2014
Mr. Game & Watch, who was teased in a video, would be a returning fighter, who first appeared in Super Smash Bros. Melee.
Update: A previous version of this article indicated that Mr. Game & Watch would be a playable character. We've updated the story to reflect that the character seems to have been teased, not officially confirmed as a contender.
- I caught every Pokémon and it only took most of my life
- Robin Williams' Genie may be immortalized in World of Warcraft
- Swing Copters, clones and the dismal failure of the 'open' app store
- Destiny launch trailer shows combat readiness
- Watch 20 minutes of Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain gameplay from Gamescom
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Games with great Sound Design
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Feature to track games?
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us