At an E3 developer roundtable, director Masahiro Sakurai revealed that Pac-Man will be a playable character in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros for 3DS.
Pac-Man will appear in his 3D version, but will transform into his original, 2D self for some attacks. According to a Tweet from Nintendo, his powers include throwing fruit and eating power pellets.
Pac-Man has some interesting abilities like throwing fruit and eating power pellets #SmashBros— Nintendo of America (@NintendoAmerica) June 11, 2014
Mr. Game & Watch, who was teased in a video, would be a returning fighter, who first appeared in Super Smash Bros. Melee.
Update: A previous version of this article indicated that Mr. Game & Watch would be a playable character. We've updated the story to reflect that the character seems to have been teased, not officially confirmed as a contender.
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Play Settlers of Catan Anytime thanks to HTML 5
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- DESTINY disappointment?
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Really Horrible
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- PLAYSTATION WONT SIGN IN
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders