Revealed at Sony's E3 2014 press conference, Bloodborne is a Demon's Souls and Dark Souls-like action role-playing game from the director of both games, Hidetaka Miyazaki. The PlayStation 4-exclusive game's story begins with at least two things: a traveler and a journey.
"Bloodborne takes place in an ancient, forgotten city called Yharnam, known for an old medical remedy," Yamagiwa wrote. "Over the years, many hopeless and afflicted people have made long pilgrimages to Yharnam in search of help. As the main character, you are one of these travelers. However, you find that Yharnam is also cursed with a horrible endemic illness. You must navigate the perilous streets of this city, fighting off nightmarish creatures, malformed beasts and deranged mobs stricken with this horrific illness. Face your fears as you discover the secrets and mysteries of this dark and horrific world where danger, death and madness lurk around every corner."
Yamagiwa also said that Bloodborne's combat, while inspired by Demon's Souls, will depart from the "passive block-and-attack style to a quicker, more offensive and active combat style with close-range weapons and guns."
Yamagiwa closed with a quote from Miyazaki, who spoke of the PS4 and Bloodborne's lineage.
“Creating Bloodborne as a completely new game on the new PlayStation 4 hardware has allowed us to really push the envelope in myriad ways," director Miyazaki said. "That being said, in more ways than one, it also very much retains our distinct, signature style. As has been at the core of our development philosophy since Demon’s Souls, we make true games for people who love games. Please watch for more to come on Bloodborne, and thank you very much for your support."
In This StoryStream
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 19
- Feature to track games?
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 16.2: Chris Houlihan was here. Shhhhhhhhhh, its a secret to everyone.
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us