Microsoft's yet-to-be-dated Xbox One installment of Crackdown will have more than the series' trademarked super-powered agents at play, according to a tweet by Xbox head Phil Spencer — namely, massively-destructible environments.
At their yearly Build conference in April, Microsoft engineers showed what they then referred to as a "prototype," demonstrating the potential of their Azure/Xbox Compute cloud platform to render complicated real-time destruction in open worlds.
At their press conference Monday morning, Microsoft debuted a trailer for Crackdown that included some very familiar looking environmental destruction:
In response to a question about this similarity from a user on Twitter, Spencer replied that the "build demo was early Crackdown work."
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: What is this thing? Is this interesting? - Tue Sep 2
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Let's talk about the Guardians of the Galaxy film
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Forum moderation?
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart