Microsoft's yet-to-be-dated Xbox One installment of Crackdown will have more than the series' trademarked super-powered agents at play, according to a tweet by Xbox head Phil Spencer — namely, massively-destructible environments.
At their yearly Build conference in April, Microsoft engineers showed what they then referred to as a "prototype," demonstrating the potential of their Azure/Xbox Compute cloud platform to render complicated real-time destruction in open worlds.
At their press conference Monday morning, Microsoft debuted a trailer for Crackdown that included some very familiar looking environmental destruction:
In response to a question about this similarity from a user on Twitter, Spencer replied that the "build demo was early Crackdown work."
- Weekend at Pokégon's: Open Thread - Aug 23-24
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- Let's See Your Photo Mode Snaps From The Last of Us!
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Female representation in gaming
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League