Microsoft's yet-to-be-dated Xbox One installment of Crackdown will have more than the series' trademarked super-powered agents at play, according to a tweet by Xbox head Phil Spencer — namely, massively-destructible environments.
At their yearly Build conference in April, Microsoft engineers showed what they then referred to as a "prototype," demonstrating the potential of their Azure/Xbox Compute cloud platform to render complicated real-time destruction in open worlds.
At their press conference Monday morning, Microsoft debuted a trailer for Crackdown that included some very familiar looking environmental destruction:
In response to a question about this similarity from a user on Twitter, Spencer replied that the "build demo was early Crackdown work."
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Tell Us Your Story
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27