Nintendo showed us a tiny bit of what to expect from the next Legend of Zelda game, scheduled for released on the Wii U in 2015. The game is described as being much more open than previous games, with a style of exploration that harkens back to the original NES title.
That's all well and good, but the visuals themselves are a large part of what made the teaser so impressive. The sense of scale, the size of the explosions as Link fights the mechanized beast ... all of these things combine the sense of innocence with a much more immediate feel than previous Zelda titles.
We don't have much to go on here, and this is likely a very early look at a game that could go through some major changes, but there's a reason it's getting so much attention across the Internet. It looks amazing. Mario Kart 8 also proved that Nintendo artists can do amazing things with the Wii U hardware, and this footage is more evidence of that fact.
Last but not least, the amazing new character model for a character that may or may not be Link.
If these GIFs aren't enough for you, take a look at the full video one more time.
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- Your first look at Agent Locke in Ridley Scott's Halo: Nightfall
- Dota 2 team Newbee just won The International 4 — along with the largest eSports prize pool in history
- Wii U owners can now transfer their data to another Wii U
- Average salary of game developers is down from 2012, says survey
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 22
- Destiny Beta
- I just want a gritty mature MOBA
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polygon YouTube Channel
- Thoughts on Destiny
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 14: Beast War-riors (part 2)