Nintendo showed us a tiny bit of what to expect from the next Legend of Zelda game, scheduled for released on the Wii U in 2015. The game is described as being much more open than previous games, with a style of exploration that harkens back to the original NES title.
That's all well and good, but the visuals themselves are a large part of what made the teaser so impressive. The sense of scale, the size of the explosions as Link fights the mechanized beast ... all of these things combine the sense of innocence with a much more immediate feel than previous Zelda titles.
We don't have much to go on here, and this is likely a very early look at a game that could go through some major changes, but there's a reason it's getting so much attention across the Internet. It looks amazing. Mario Kart 8 also proved that Nintendo artists can do amazing things with the Wii U hardware, and this footage is more evidence of that fact.
Last but not least, the amazing new character model for a character that may or may not be Link.
If these GIFs aren't enough for you, take a look at the full video one more time.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Rock1m1's review on Wolfenstein: The New Order
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Tell Us Your Story
- RIP Friends List?