Former God of War creative director Stig Asmussen has joined Titanfall developer Respawn Entertainment, studio co-founder Vince Zampella confirmed to Polygon today.
Asmussen is serving as game director at the studio, Zampella said, adding that Respawn is "super excited to have him."
Respawn shipped its first game, Titanfall, for Xbox One and Windows PC earlier this year. A sequel is reportedly in development.
In March, Sony Computer Entertainment confirmed that Asmussen had left the Santa Monica studio that develops the God of War franchise. Asmussen was an 11-year veteran of the studio, serving as lead environment artist on God of War, art director on God of War 2 and creative director on God of War 3. He was rumored to be working on a new property at Sony Santa Monica that was canceled mid-development.
Update: In an email to Polygon, Asmussen clarified that he's been at Respawn Entertainment for "a couple months" and that he's not working on Titanfall.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dragon Quest Heroes brings the series back to PlayStation in Dynasty Warriors style
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- Persona 5 coming to PS3 and PS4 in 2015
- Disgaea 5, Earth Defense Force, Ys, Gundam and Senran Kagura coming to PS4