A new gameplay trailer for Bloodborne, the PlayStation 4-exclusive game from developer From Software, shows much more of the upcoming action role-playing game than Sony was willing to show at E3 this week.
The trailer, apparently created when Bloodborne was known by its working title Project Beast, focuses mainly on gameplay, as opposed to the pre-rendered trailer that debuted at Sony's E3 2014 press conference. That gameplay looks a lot like what we've seen in From Software's Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, though it leans toward two-handed melee and blunderbuss combat.
There are no shields or magic used by the protagonist in the trailer, though the character uses a combination of an urn and torch to light an enemy on fire. Since Sony and From primarily showed the character using a shotgun and fold-out blade at E3, we also get a look at new weapon types: axes, halberds and swords.
The leaked peek at Bloodborne also features what appear to be a handful of the game's bosses, new environments not shown at E3 (or in previous leaks) and a few Souls series trademarks, like fog doors.
Sony says Bloodborne will be coming to PS4 early 2015. For more on the game, read Polygon's preview of the game's E3 showing, presented by game director Hidetaka Miyazaki.
In This StoryStream
More from Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- What Last-Gen Game Do You Want Remade For Next-Gen?
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Tell Us Your Story