You can do many interesting things in Destiny, but of course your character's fresh moves are always going to be a major draw. The team at Bungie heard about an interesting glitch in the game during E3 however: Dancing along to some fresh beats gives you a a pretty substantial advantage in battle.
"We get data from everything: where players are, what they’re doing in the world, where they’re dying, if they’re out of ammo, win / losses, any bug reports, we have the alpha site running so if people want to provide anecdotal evidence or if they have a screenshot or hit the share button to show the evidence," Eric Osbourne, the head of community for Destiny and a writer at Bungie told Polygon. All that data and fan involvement leads to some interesting bug reports.
"We just had someone telling us on the showfloor that ‘oh hey when I dance I can kind go into third-person in multiplayer and look around cover,’ and now the team is back at the office thinking about… you know they, knew about it," Osbourne said. "But is it a problem? Is it okay? Everyone can do it!"
They're still working out what to do with "features" such as this, and that's part of the challenge and fun of running an alpha. "We learn a lot from these tests," he said. "It’s a real alpha, it’s not a marketing alpha."
My vote? I'd love to see it kept in. Players dancing when they pause on the battlefield could be the best thing to happen to online shooters in a long time.
- Dwarf Fortress will crush your CPU because creating history is hard
- In the face of recent wins, Nintendo's lack of online functions is no longer forgivable
- This is the most accurate Pokémon trailer you'll ever watch
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- Launching Civilization: Beyond Earth
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 23
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- 25 character code not working on Xbox1
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- Do you often read the reviews after finishing a game?