The next Xbox One system update will enhance achievement tracking and the console's Snap feature, among other upgrades arriving in July, Microsoft said on Friday.
Achievements now get a Snap Mode (pictured above), as was mentioned before Microsoft's E3 news conference on Monday. "Achievement Snap" allows the user to track his or her progress in a separate window without leaving the game. A "get help" option will send the Xbox One searching for tips and strategy content for achievements a user hasn't completed.
Additionally, the option to double-tap a controller button to bring up Snap, or to switch between Snapped applications, also will be introduced.
Other features include support for New Zealand and Ireland in English-language voice control, and Austria in the German language option. Users also will be able to register their "like" of a game DVR clip.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today