The next Xbox One system update will enhance achievement tracking and the console's Snap feature, among other upgrades arriving in July, Microsoft said on Friday.
Achievements now get a Snap Mode (pictured above), as was mentioned before Microsoft's E3 news conference on Monday. "Achievement Snap" allows the user to track his or her progress in a separate window without leaving the game. A "get help" option will send the Xbox One searching for tips and strategy content for achievements a user hasn't completed.
Additionally, the option to double-tap a controller button to bring up Snap, or to switch between Snapped applications, also will be introduced.
Other features include support for New Zealand and Ireland in English-language voice control, and Austria in the German language option. Users also will be able to register their "like" of a game DVR clip.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- PS+ & Stryder
- Tell Us Your Story
- What's your favorite silly game?
- RIP Friends List?
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites