The next Xbox One system update will enhance achievement tracking and the console's Snap feature, among other upgrades arriving in July, Microsoft said on Friday.
Achievements now get a Snap Mode (pictured above), as was mentioned before Microsoft's E3 news conference on Monday. "Achievement Snap" allows the user to track his or her progress in a separate window without leaving the game. A "get help" option will send the Xbox One searching for tips and strategy content for achievements a user hasn't completed.
Additionally, the option to double-tap a controller button to bring up Snap, or to switch between Snapped applications, also will be introduced.
Other features include support for New Zealand and Ireland in English-language voice control, and Austria in the German language option. Users also will be able to register their "like" of a game DVR clip.
- On Patreon support
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 27
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Spacecom is 4X strategy, and you can grab beta keys here
- Where to buy?
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Polygon must change its ethics policy.
- Games with great Sound Design
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)