Facebook has updated its U.S. presence on iPad in an effort to attract more users to gaming and other forms of entertainment.
When users rotate their iPad to landscape mode, whey will see a new right-hand column next to News Feed featuring birthdays and events, as well as My Games; a selection of games already played, along with links allowing for iPad play. It will also show Popular Games, based on titles being played by friends or the general Facebook populace.
"We know people love to play games on tablets, and millions of people who use Facebook play games," said Dan Morris, head of North American games partnerships for Facebook. "So we've made it even easier for people using Facebook to find and interact with content they love on the iPad.
"This update will make it really easy for gamers to start playing games they already have on the iPad, and we'll also show them a few games they might like to play. With so many games available today, we hope this helps people cut through the noise and find new games they will truly love."
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell