The beta for Battlefield Hardline — currently available only on PlayStation 4 and Windows PC — will also be coming to Xbox One, general manager at developer DICE Karl-Magnus Troedsson told OXM.
Hardline, which is being developed by Visceral Games with assistance from DICE, went into beta following EA's E3 press conference last week. According to Troedsson, Xbox players will get access to the beta at a later date, although it will be different than the PS4 version.
"We will have a beta on on all platforms before release," Troedsson said. "But it won't be this beta on Xbox. It's not going to be the same version, just to be clear."
Troedsson added that the purpose of getting code into players' hands so early is to avoid the problems that plagued last year's launch of Battlefield 4. Moving forward, EA will conduct more public testing in this fashion.
"We basically have code in the hands of players already, here at E3. We've never done that before," he said. "We do it both because we want their feedback of course, but also because in the background we are testing various things. We're going to continue doing more tests like this.
Battlefield Hardline will launch on Oct. 21 for PS3, PS4, Windows PC, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. Check out our in-depth look at the game from E3 for more details.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- You can pre-order this beautiful $365 Metroid statue starting today
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- RIP Friends List?
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Tell Us Your Story
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming