Indie developer Mike Bithell shared the "cover art" for his upcoming stealth game Volume today, depicting the game's protagonist altered to fit the art style of the game itself.
The artwork, shown below in full, was created by illustrator A. J. Hateley. Hately is also a co-founder and director of GameTee, an online shop feature t-shirts sporting video game-inspired artwork. Hately's image for Volume will be used in all the game's promotional materials, according to Bithell.
Last week, Bithell shared a live-action trailer for Volume introducing Gisborne Industries, one of the game's main presences. The game will launch for PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Mac OS and Windows PC later this year.
- An awful week to care about video games
- How Salt and Sanctuary reimagines Dark Souls as a 2D action-platformer
- Valve taken to court by Australian consumer commission over Steam refund policy
- The pitch versus the reality: what one of gaming's biggest Kickstarters looks like now
- Dust: An Elysian Tail coming to PS4 'very soon'