The Legend of Zelda made a mild splash at E3 when Nintendo announced a new entry in the series, the first for Wii U. So many people have asked producer Eiji Aonuma if the footage really was from the game, and not pre-rendered, that he confirmed, via Miiverse, its authenticity,
"Many people from the media kept asking me if the footage from the new Zelda game for Wii U is just a promotional movie, but that really is actual gameplay on Wii U," he said last week. "Also, I wasn't kidding about how you will be able to reach the mountains that appear in the distance if you should choose to!"
The Legend of Zelda for Wii U, which hasn't been given a subtitle yet, is expected to launch in 2015.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Spare PS4 Beta Codes
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 23
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- A New Steam Controller
- DESTINY disappointment?