The Legend of Zelda made a mild splash at E3 when Nintendo announced a new entry in the series, the first for Wii U. So many people have asked producer Eiji Aonuma if the footage really was from the game, and not pre-rendered, that he confirmed, via Miiverse, its authenticity,
"Many people from the media kept asking me if the footage from the new Zelda game for Wii U is just a promotional movie, but that really is actual gameplay on Wii U," he said last week. "Also, I wasn't kidding about how you will be able to reach the mountains that appear in the distance if you should choose to!"
The Legend of Zelda for Wii U, which hasn't been given a subtitle yet, is expected to launch in 2015.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- RIP Friends List?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Really Horrible