Destiny, the open-world first-person-shooter from the makers of Halo, will be a PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 exclusive in Japan, according to a press release from Sony Computer Entertainment of Japan.
The Bungie-developed game will be released on Sept. 11 in Japan, according to the release, but only on PlayStation platforms. That's a week after the Xbox One first hits the country.
Destiny is coming to PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One on Sept. 9.
Polygon has reached out to Activision officials to find out if the game is a timed exclusive for PlayStation in Japan and will update this story when they reply.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???