Destiny, the open-world first-person-shooter from the makers of Halo, will be a PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 exclusive in Japan, according to a press release from Sony Computer Entertainment of Japan.
The Bungie-developed game will be released on Sept. 11 in Japan, according to the release, but only on PlayStation platforms. That's a week after the Xbox One first hits the country.
Destiny is coming to PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One on Sept. 9.
Polygon has reached out to Activision officials to find out if the game is a timed exclusive for PlayStation in Japan and will update this story when they reply.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)