Destiny, the open-world first-person-shooter from the makers of Halo, will be a PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 exclusive in Japan, according to a press release from Sony Computer Entertainment of Japan.
The Bungie-developed game will be released on Sept. 11 in Japan, according to the release, but only on PlayStation platforms. That's a week after the Xbox One first hits the country.
Destiny is coming to PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One on Sept. 9.
Polygon has reached out to Activision officials to find out if the game is a timed exclusive for PlayStation in Japan and will update this story when they reply.
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Thoughts on Destiny
- Yakuza 5 (Ryū ga Gotoku 5) Fan Translation Gone?
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 22