A Watch Dogs mod created by Guru3D forum user The Worse gives the Windows PC version of the game a makeover akin to its original appearance at E3 2012.
The video above demonstrates the game's E3 appearance vs. what it looks like on PCs today. With the mod, many of the game's original E3 assets have been restored and reflections, lighting, lens flares and weather effects are altered.
According to The Worse's post, the modder started searching for fixes to the game's stuttering problems after its launch.
"After searching so much for the unpacker I found it, started playing with it and after a long time of testing I ended up getting the E3 Bloom from 2012 working," the post reads.
The full list of features, some of which have not yet been implemented, are available in The Worse's original post.
Watch Dogs launched May 27 for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Windows PC, Xbox 360 and Xbox One; on PC, the game was plagued with connectivity and performance problems. For more on what went wrong with the PC version of Watch Dogs, check out our interview with Ubisoft head of digital Chris Early.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Games with great Sound Design
- Where to buy?
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- On Being A "Gamer"
- On Patreon support
- Spacecom is 4X strategy, and you can grab beta keys here