Hideki Kamiya, the game director of mass hero action game The Wonderful 101, lived at the office for several months during the game's development, he shared on Twitter today.
"I was like living at office for 4 months when TW101," he wrote in response to a fan's question if he ever worked so long that he spent the night. "I slept in a meeting room with a sleeping bag."
Kamiya added that he has no regrets for sleeping at the office for such a lengthy period of time. He also shared that he slept at the office for one month during Okami's development and posted a photo of his temporary sleeping space (below).
Major features were added late in The Wonderful 101's development, the game director said during a past Iwata Asks. This included the addition of the Multi Unite Morph mechanic a few months before the game was slated to launch and without the knowledge of Platinum Games producer Atsushi Inaba. The ability allows players to perform multiple, simultaneous Unite Morphs, where the heroes transform into weapons like a gun, sword or whip.
The Wonderful 101 originally started as a game that would bring together all-star Nintendo characters to fight together, rather than against each other. "It started out with an order from [Platinum Games CEO Tetsuya] Minami, saying 'Think up a plan to bring together world famous characters with Nintendo characters at its center, appearing all in one game,'" he said in the Iwata Asks, adding that the concept was scrapped due to its complexity.
- Sarkeesian driven out of home by online abuse and death threats
- Miyamoto signals Nintendo desire to focus on hardcore
- Inside a video game voiceover studio
- Amazon and Twitch are the competitors YouTube needs
- What's exclusive to the PlayStation versions of Destiny?
- Help us choose the best reader-designed Sunset Overdrive character
- 'Doctor Who' is coming to Minecraft on Xbox 360
- In loving memory of video games
- Nintendo finally solves the problem of everyone wanting to play Yoshi
- Check out Metro 2033's Redux-ed facelift
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 27
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Spacecom is 4X strategy, and you can grab beta keys here
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- On Patreon support
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Polygon must change its ethics policy.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 26
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Pre-load coming to the XB1 according to the store page