Those who sign up to the beta via the official site will receive instant access to the beta and the following perks when the game launches on Oct. 21:
- Weapon camo/skin
- Weapon sight
- Additional Battlefield Hardline content
- Unique dog tag in Battlefield 4 (available in the game next month)
Battlefield Hardline beta challenges include a special Battlepack at launch when players reach rank 10 and $1,000 in-game cash when users enable Facebook sharing. Both rewards are open to Windows PC and PS4 users.
The company launched a beta for a limited number of PlayStation 4 and Windows PC users during its E3 press conference last week. The Battlefield 4-based game features a multiplayer mode where players choose one of four classes, along with building-destroying, map-changing Levolution events.
General manager at developer DICE Karl-Magnus Troedsson revealed recently that Xbox players will get access to the beta in the near future, but it will be different beta than the PS4 version. "We will have a beta on on all platforms before release," Troedsson said. "But it won't be this beta on Xbox. It's not going to be the same version, just to be clear."
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- This is what the sheer intensity of an official Pokemon championship tournament looks like
More from Polygon
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 23
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- Do you often read the reviews after finishing a game?
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update