Those who sign up to the beta via the official site will receive instant access to the beta and the following perks when the game launches on Oct. 21:
- Weapon camo/skin
- Weapon sight
- Additional Battlefield Hardline content
- Unique dog tag in Battlefield 4 (available in the game next month)
Battlefield Hardline beta challenges include a special Battlepack at launch when players reach rank 10 and $1,000 in-game cash when users enable Facebook sharing. Both rewards are open to Windows PC and PS4 users.
The company launched a beta for a limited number of PlayStation 4 and Windows PC users during its E3 press conference last week. The Battlefield 4-based game features a multiplayer mode where players choose one of four classes, along with building-destroying, map-changing Levolution events.
General manager at developer DICE Karl-Magnus Troedsson revealed recently that Xbox players will get access to the beta in the near future, but it will be different beta than the PS4 version. "We will have a beta on on all platforms before release," Troedsson said. "But it won't be this beta on Xbox. It's not going to be the same version, just to be clear."
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward