Anderson said that he's currently writing a first draft of the script, and the producers will start to figure out a shooting schedule once the draft is done. Because of that, there's also no release date yet. The screenplay is being written with 3D in mind; Anderson plans to shoot in 3D, instead of doing a post-production conversion to 3D.
"I approach my films right from the inception, I kind of write action scenes and pick out locations that I think and know — because I've done so much of it — will translate very well into 3D," Anderson told Collider. "Then when we build the sets, we build sets that I know will shoot well in 3D. It's really, even from this point, 3D is something I'm definitely thinking about."
Asked if the working title means that this is planned to be the final entry in the Resident Evil movie franchise, Anderson said, "That's what's on the title page, it's Resident Evil: The Final Chapter, so absolutely."
The most recent Resident Evil film was 2012's Resident Evil: Retribution, which grossed more than $240 million worldwide. Taken together, all five movies in the series have pulled in nearly $916 million.
- Calling all first team Polygon staff to the Set!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- how do i cross save olliolli from Vita to ps4
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Nintendo Customer Service
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)