Heists are the focal missions of the single-player story in Grand Theft Auto 5; six full heists take place during the game, along with the botched one in the prologue. Last December, Rockstar said it planned to add Heists to GTA Online sometime in 2014. In early April, the company said Heists were coming as part of a set of GTA Online updates scheduled to be released in the spring. With three days left until the astronomical start of summer, it now appears that Heists will miss that window.
"We know many fans have been eagerly awaiting the release of the Online Heists that we had planned to release for you this spring, and they are taking more time to create than originally anticipated. We are very sorry for the delay, and are working hard to bring them to you as soon as we can," said Rockstar today. "Stay tuned for more information on that as well as lots of other ongoing content updates, enhancements and additions to the world of GTA Online that are on the way."
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Do you often read the reviews after finishing a game?
- Wait. Could the iPad Mini be a better gaming handheld than the PSVita?
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- Stopping non article videos from auto playing.
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites