Red Barrels' survival horror title Outlast and its Whistleblower downloadable content is available now from the Xbox Games Store for the Xbox One priced at $19.99 and $8.99, respectively.
While the store lists the game's release date on the platform as June 24, it is now currently available for purchase. Outlast, the story of which revolves around an independent journalist breaking into a repurposed mental asylum after receiving a tip-off, launched on Windows PC on Sept. 4 and PS4 on Feb. 5.
Whistleblower, the first downloadable content for the horror game, was first released on PS4 and Windows PC in May. The DLC drops players into the role of the anonymous tipster, a contract software engineer called Weylon Park, and focusses on the events leading up to the main game. The DLC also explores beyond the events of the first game to reveal the final chapter in Mount Massive Asylum's story.
Thank you, Joe Baillie.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Nintendo lost $97M last quarter even with the success of Mario Kart 8
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer