Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics are back on sale on Steam after the games were removed from the distribution site due to the franchise rights shifting hands, Bethesda announced on its official blog.
Both Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics are available for purchase on Steam for $9.99 each or as a bundle in the Fallout Classics pack for $19.99.
All three games have Steam Cloud enabled for save games. Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 supports Windows 8 but Fallout Tactics does not. The first two titles can launch in either default or classic versions, while Fallout Tactics is unmodified and its multiplayer works with direct connect.
Interplay Entertainment developed and published the Fallout titles until Bethesda acquired the IP in 2007. The deal granted Interplay with merchandising rights to sell the original Fallout games until the agreement ended in 2012 following a lawsuit.
This caused merchandising rights to expire on Dec. 31, 2013 and meant online retailers like Steam and GOG.com had to remove the games from sale. Shortly after the games were pulled from the retailers, Bethesda announced in early January that it was working to bring back the three games to Steam.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 27
- Spacecom is 4X strategy, and you can grab beta keys here
- Where to buy?
- On Patreon support
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Polygon must change its ethics policy.
- Games with great Sound Design
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse