A patch that will "reconstruct" corrupted save files and rectify online issues is rolling out across all platforms for Watch Dogs this week, according to a post on the Ubisoft forums.
The PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 patches are both available now, while the PC patch will launch in the coming days. Patches for Xbox 360 and Xbox One are taking a little longer and will be available within the week.
In addition to fixing files broken by a loading bug — which had been preventing some users from booting the game up in the first place — the patch removes several mission-breaking bugs and improves issues preventing players from joining one another's sessions in online mode.
Some collectibles from previously-broken safe files, however, may not be recoverable, according to the post. An issue preventing players from using hacks in certain circumstances has also been fixed.
A handful of minor fixes have also been made to specifically for the PC version. Graphical glitches on Low and Medium settings have been fixed and some improvements to controls and performance have been made, while bugs in the "Drinking" and "Chess" minigames have been squashed.
Watch Dogs launched last month for PS3, PS4, Windows PC, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. The PC version did not work well at launch and has been plagued with problems since. For more details on how the game looks across platforms, check out our comparison video below.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- This fan-made Super Smash Bros. trailer is amazing ... and a little creepy
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Do you often read the reviews after finishing a game?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- What's your favorite silly game?