Jennifer Ann's Group, an organization dedicated to preventing teen dating violence through advocacy and awareness, will host its first game jam this month focused on games that deal with issues surrounding teen abuse and depression, the group announced today.
Game designers in Atlanta, Georgia and Moscow, Russia will participate in the jam, which will take place June 20-22. The jam will be held at the Georgia's Southern Polytechnic State University and Moscow's Teplitsa of Social Technologies.
Teams across the countries will communicate via Skype and build their games within the jam's 48 hour period, which kicks off at 6 p.m. ET on June 20.Jam entries will focus on teen emotional wellness and deal with issues including physical and online bullying, dating violence, suicide prevention and depression.
Note: Polygon News Editor Brian Crecente is related to the organizer of Jennifer Ann's Group.
- Win a one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Skylanders launching more powerful premium figures this fall
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business