How does it feel when you stop talking to other people as peers, and begin addressing them as your audience? How do you handle yourself when the concept of your existence becomes more interesting to people than the reality of being an actual person?
This short video dives into what it means to be famous on the internet by studying the controversies that often surrounded game developer Phil Fish. It deconstructs many of the stories about Fish, and the ideas it discusses about how we cover these personalities are fascinating. No matter what you feel about Fish, or the 24 hour news cycle, this is worth your time.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Tell Us Your Story
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- RIP Friends List?
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Highergrounds Game