Steam's annual summer sale kicked off today, offering discounts on games and software on Valve's digital distribution platform until 1 p.m. ET June 30.
Games discounted at the beginning of the sale include the following:
Daily Deals, which change every day
- DayZ for $25.49 (regularly $29.99)
- Dead Rising 3 for $37.49 (regularly $49.99)
- Democracy 3 for $8.49 (regularly $24.99)
- Divinity Original Sin for $31.99 (regularly $39.99)
- Don't Starve for $3.74 (regularly $14.99)
- Far Cry 3 for $7.49 (regularly $29.99)
- Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion for $7.99 (regularly $39.99)
- The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition for $3.99 (regularly $19.99)
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown for $8.49 (regularly $29.99)
Flash Sales, which change every eight hours
- Dead Island Riptide for $4.99 (regularly $19.99)
- DmC: Devil May Cry for $12.49 (regularly $49.99)
- Hotline Miami for $1.49 (regularly $9.99)
- Mirror's Edge for $4.99 (regularly $19.99)
Community's Choice, where you vote on the next discounted games
In the Community's Choice sale, Steam users can choose between two sets of games and vote on which goes on sale next. Every three votes will earn you a Summer Adventure trading card. The first two bundles include:
- Action - RPG with 7 Days to Die, South Park: The Stick of Truth, Torchlight 2 and The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing 2
- Indie - Great Soundtrack with Dust: An Elysian Tail, Fez, Trine 2 and Valdis Story: Abyssal City
Valve is also sponsoring the Summer Adventure alongside the sale. Those who collect all of the sale's 10 trading cards — by purchasing $10 worth of games, crafting badges, voting in the Community's Choice sales, trading or purchasing them in the Community Market — will be able to craft a Summer Adventure badge to commemorate their achievement. That'll grant crafters an emoticon, a profile background and more.
Everyone can also join a virtual team by crafting a badge or clicking a Steam link. Once randomly assigned, 30 members of each team who contributed to their team's goal that day will win three games from their Wishlist. You can get the full details on Steam's official FAQ.
- The fixer: Why Rod Fergusson returned to Gears of War
- Polygon Plays: Deus Ex - Episode one
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' is the chili cheese fry of Marvel's movie collection
- Players want more options than murder, and GTA 5 proves it
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Zelda speedrunner explains how it's possible to beat Ocarina of Time in 18 minutes
- OneeChanbara is still kicking, bringing NSFW zombie-slashing action to PS4 this fall
- ABC just launched history's biggest, most well-funded LARP
- Hollywood taking a second stab at a Dead Island movie
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell (update)
More from Polygon
- Share Button Use? Can you post to another service other than FaceBook?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?