Steam's annual summer sale kicked off today, offering discounts on games and software on Valve's digital distribution platform until 1 p.m. ET June 30.
Games discounted at the beginning of the sale include the following:
Daily Deals, which change every day
- DayZ for $25.49 (regularly $29.99)
- Dead Rising 3 for $37.49 (regularly $49.99)
- Democracy 3 for $8.49 (regularly $24.99)
- Divinity Original Sin for $31.99 (regularly $39.99)
- Don't Starve for $3.74 (regularly $14.99)
- Far Cry 3 for $7.49 (regularly $29.99)
- Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion for $7.99 (regularly $39.99)
- The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition for $3.99 (regularly $19.99)
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown for $8.49 (regularly $29.99)
Flash Sales, which change every eight hours
- Dead Island Riptide for $4.99 (regularly $19.99)
- DmC: Devil May Cry for $12.49 (regularly $49.99)
- Hotline Miami for $1.49 (regularly $9.99)
- Mirror's Edge for $4.99 (regularly $19.99)
Community's Choice, where you vote on the next discounted games
In the Community's Choice sale, Steam users can choose between two sets of games and vote on which goes on sale next. Every three votes will earn you a Summer Adventure trading card. The first two bundles include:
- Action - RPG with 7 Days to Die, South Park: The Stick of Truth, Torchlight 2 and The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing 2
- Indie - Great Soundtrack with Dust: An Elysian Tail, Fez, Trine 2 and Valdis Story: Abyssal City
Valve is also sponsoring the Summer Adventure alongside the sale. Those who collect all of the sale's 10 trading cards — by purchasing $10 worth of games, crafting badges, voting in the Community's Choice sales, trading or purchasing them in the Community Market — will be able to craft a Summer Adventure badge to commemorate their achievement. That'll grant crafters an emoticon, a profile background and more.
Everyone can also join a virtual team by crafting a badge or clicking a Steam link. Once randomly assigned, 30 members of each team who contributed to their team's goal that day will win three games from their Wishlist. You can get the full details on Steam's official FAQ.
- Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell sends the Saints to Hell in 2015
- Nintendo reveals the New Nintendo 3DS
- Help us choose the best reader-designed Sunset Overdrive character
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- Tales from the Borderlands lets you stop and smell the chaotic roses
- Hironobu Sakaguchi wanted Chrono Trigger to evolve in a series 'like a Final Fantasy'
- Peggle 2 is coming to PlayStation 4
- Is Activision pondering a Take-Two takeover?
- More Dragon Quest games heading to mobile, including the original, very soon
- Themes are coming to Nintendo 3DS to make your old 3DS prettier
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- How's this PC for next gen?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Stronger distinction of Recommended posts/comments
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Nintendo Customer Service
- Kingdom of Amalur - 10$ was the best deal ever