A rhythm-based fighting game based on SNK Playmore's The King of Fighters franchise called The Rhythm of Fighters will launch for Android and iOS mobile devices "soon," according to the game's official website.
Few details about the game, which will be released via Google Play and the App Store, are available; the website lists the title as being "packed with legendary SNK tracks." Further teasers suggest that players will complete special moves and combos by completing rhythm-based actions.
Reports from earlier this year uncovered that SNK registered a trademark for The Rhythm of Fighters in February.
The King of Fighters first launched in 1994. The last entry in the main series, The King of Fighters 13, was released in 2009. Other offshoots of the franchise include The King of Fighters Online, a multiplayer online battle arena originally unveiled as an online beat-'em-up, and a spot in the arcade-based collectible card game Lord of Vermilion 2.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dungeons & Dragons castle defense game coming to mobile next year
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- People watched Twitch Plays Pokémon for a billion minutes
- In Firewatch, the job isn't to keep the wilderness from burning down