A rhythm-based fighting game based on SNK Playmore's The King of Fighters franchise called The Rhythm of Fighters will launch for Android and iOS mobile devices "soon," according to the game's official website.
Few details about the game, which will be released via Google Play and the App Store, are available; the website lists the title as being "packed with legendary SNK tracks." Further teasers suggest that players will complete special moves and combos by completing rhythm-based actions.
Reports from earlier this year uncovered that SNK registered a trademark for The Rhythm of Fighters in February.
The King of Fighters first launched in 1994. The last entry in the main series, The King of Fighters 13, was released in 2009. Other offshoots of the franchise include The King of Fighters Online, a multiplayer online battle arena originally unveiled as an online beat-'em-up, and a spot in the arcade-based collectible card game Lord of Vermilion 2.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- You can pre-order this beautiful $365 Metroid statue starting today
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer