Capcom's Dead Rising franchise is being adapted into a feature-length film that will stream first on Sony's Crackle video service in the U.S., Variety reports.
Dead Rising will be directed by Tim Carter and produced by Tomas Harlan, the duo that co-owns Contradiction Films, which previously worked on the Mortal Kombat: Legacy web series. It's the first project for Legendary Pictures' digital division, Legendary Digital Media. Transformers and G.I. Joe movie producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura will executive produce the digital feature.
After it's run on Crackle, the Dead Rising movie will be available on-demand and on physical media. Content Media Corporation, which distributed Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn and will distribute Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist, also based on a Capcom property, will handle the Dead Rising movie internationally.
Crackle apps are available for PlayStation and Xbox consoles, as well as mobile devices, smart TVs and media players like Roku, Apple TV and Chromecast.
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Metro Redux: Will It Be A Must Purchase?
- Could Nintendo go third party?
- Polygon Video Player - What's the deal?
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- What's a good game for a 65-year old first time gamer?