Capcom's Dead Rising franchise is being adapted into a feature-length film that will stream first on Sony's Crackle video service in the U.S., Variety reports.
Dead Rising will be directed by Tim Carter and produced by Tomas Harlan, the duo that co-owns Contradiction Films, which previously worked on the Mortal Kombat: Legacy web series. It's the first project for Legendary Pictures' digital division, Legendary Digital Media. Transformers and G.I. Joe movie producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura will executive produce the digital feature.
After it's run on Crackle, the Dead Rising movie will be available on-demand and on physical media. Content Media Corporation, which distributed Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn and will distribute Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist, also based on a Capcom property, will handle the Dead Rising movie internationally.
Crackle apps are available for PlayStation and Xbox consoles, as well as mobile devices, smart TVs and media players like Roku, Apple TV and Chromecast.
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Share Button Use? Can you post to another service other than FaceBook?
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?