A PlayStation Vita port of FTL: Faster Than Light will not be released due to the limited display real estate offered by Sony's handheld device, developer Subset Games' Justin Ma revealed on Twitter.
"Hey. We looked into it extensively and in the end it just turns out the screen is too small for us. Sorry about that," Ma wrote in response to a fan's query about the possible port.
Following an announcement in November, FTL: Faster Than Light and the game's free expansion, FTL: Advanced Edition, was released to iPad devices on April 3. The iPad version is priced the same as the PC release with Subset explaining it "is a true equivalent to the PC in the experience it provides." FTL first launched on Linux, Mac and Windows in September 2012.
To find out more on FTL, check out our review of the original title and hands-on with Advanced Edition from the 2014 Game Developers Conference below.
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- RIP Friends List?