A PlayStation Vita port of FTL: Faster Than Light will not be released due to the limited display real estate offered by Sony's handheld device, developer Subset Games' Justin Ma revealed on Twitter.
"Hey. We looked into it extensively and in the end it just turns out the screen is too small for us. Sorry about that," Ma wrote in response to a fan's query about the possible port.
Following an announcement in November, FTL: Faster Than Light and the game's free expansion, FTL: Advanced Edition, was released to iPad devices on April 3. The iPad version is priced the same as the PC release with Subset explaining it "is a true equivalent to the PC in the experience it provides." FTL first launched on Linux, Mac and Windows in September 2012.
To find out more on FTL, check out our review of the original title and hands-on with Advanced Edition from the 2014 Game Developers Conference below.
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- 90's Cartoon Network vs. 90's Nickelodeon.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Games with great Sound Design
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Feature to track games?
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?