The Windows PC version of Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare was designed specifically for the platform and isn't merely a port of the existing console title, said PopCap Games in a developer diary released today.
"It's not a port," said Justin Wiebe, the game's creative director. "Everything from our UI to how the mouse-driven controls are going to work — everything has been looked at from PC gamers' POV."
Garden Warfare on PC will also launch with a new map, Jewel Junction, with a world event that affects gameplay: a train that runs down the middle of the map. Jewel Junction will be a timed exclusive on the platform.
Origin users can pre-order a Standard Edition for $29.99 and a Digital Deluxe Edition for $34.99. Garden Warfare launches June 24 on PC. In the meantime, you can read our full review of the Xbox One version, which was released in February.
- Dwarf Fortress will crush your CPU because creating history is hard
- Unforgiving, sophisticated and vast: Three deaths in The Long Dark
- These Pokemon GIFs are good enough to replace comments
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- A card game that teaches catcallers to stop being pigs