The shirt, available in men and women's sizes for $24.99, is emblazoned with the phrase "That Wizard Came from the Moon" — a reference to a line spoken by Game of Thrones actor Peter Dinklage. The phrase began spreading among players and press after the game's alpha went live earlier this month. Bungie said that it took only one hour for the shirt to skyrocket into popularity.
According to Bungie's website, the limited-edition shirt is a way to commemorate players' time with the alpha. All profits from the shirt will be donated to charity from the Bungie Foundation.
The Destiny alpha gave players a chance to test out the game's classes and get a feel for its world. A beta is expected next month.
For more on Destiny, check out our in-depth preview from E3 2014.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- Here's what Valve's canned project Prospero might have looked like
More from Polygon
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Thoughts on Destiny
- Yakuza 5 (Ryū ga Gotoku 5) Fan Translation Gone?
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 22