The shirt, available in men and women's sizes for $24.99, is emblazoned with the phrase "That Wizard Came from the Moon" — a reference to a line spoken by Game of Thrones actor Peter Dinklage. The phrase began spreading among players and press after the game's alpha went live earlier this month. Bungie said that it took only one hour for the shirt to skyrocket into popularity.
According to Bungie's website, the limited-edition shirt is a way to commemorate players' time with the alpha. All profits from the shirt will be donated to charity from the Bungie Foundation.
The Destiny alpha gave players a chance to test out the game's classes and get a feel for its world. A beta is expected next month.
For more on Destiny, check out our in-depth preview from E3 2014.
- Solving Silent Hills' playable trailer
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- I caught every Pokémon and it only took most of my life
- Watch 20 minutes of Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain gameplay from Gamescom
- Want to pitch your indie game? Learn from the guy who's directing Star Wars VIII
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Games with great Sound Design
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- 90's Cartoon Network vs. 90's Nickelodeon.
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League