The trippy Mercedes kart Nintendo recently said would come to Mario Kart 8 in Japan is also bound for the west. Nintendo of America said the ride is coming "this summer," and it's also going to be available in Europe.
The silver kart will be free to download when it launches. It's based on the 2015 Mercedes GLA; Nintendo and the auto manufacturer entered into a cross-promotional relationship last month, with Nintendo characters appearing in Japanese advertisements for the vehicle.
For more on Mario Kart 8, see Polygon's review, which scored the racer 9.0 and said it is "overflowing in that Nintendo magic."
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Tell Us Your Story
- A New Steam Controller
- DESTINY disappointment?
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Really Horrible