The trippy Mercedes kart Nintendo recently said would come to Mario Kart 8 in Japan is also bound for the west. Nintendo of America said the ride is coming "this summer," and it's also going to be available in Europe.
The silver kart will be free to download when it launches. It's based on the 2015 Mercedes GLA; Nintendo and the auto manufacturer entered into a cross-promotional relationship last month, with Nintendo characters appearing in Japanese advertisements for the vehicle.
For more on Mario Kart 8, see Polygon's review, which scored the racer 9.0 and said it is "overflowing in that Nintendo magic."
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: What is this thing? Is this interesting? - Tue Sep 2
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Let's talk about the Guardians of the Galaxy film
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Forum moderation?
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart