The trippy Mercedes kart Nintendo recently said would come to Mario Kart 8 in Japan is also bound for the west. Nintendo of America said the ride is coming "this summer," and it's also going to be available in Europe.
The silver kart will be free to download when it launches. It's based on the 2015 Mercedes GLA; Nintendo and the auto manufacturer entered into a cross-promotional relationship last month, with Nintendo characters appearing in Japanese advertisements for the vehicle.
For more on Mario Kart 8, see Polygon's review, which scored the racer 9.0 and said it is "overflowing in that Nintendo magic."
More from Polygon
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- RIP Friends List?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Tell Us Your Story
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming