That's Richard Sherman, the Super Bowl champion and all-pro defensive back, making this the second straight cover not featuring a football (if you're counting the Xbox One/PlayStation 4 version of Madden NFL 25.) Two others haven't featured a ball — Madden NFL 13, in which wide receiver Calvin Johnson was posed in anticipation of catching one, and Madden NFL 2005, which featured linebacker Ray Lewis ready to knock the daylights out of somebody. Until this year, Madden 2005 was the last time a defensive player held the packshot by himself.
Sherman was a fortuitous choice by Madden fans, as this year's game offers a heavy focus on making defense more enjoyable and more playable. For more, see our preview from E3. Madden NFL 15 launches on Aug. 26 for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 27
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Pre-load coming to the XB1 according to the store page
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- On Patreon support
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Polygon must change its ethics policy.
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 26
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9